The village of Hatley was incorporated in 1881. Similar to many areas in north central Wisconsin, Hatley was formed as businesses opened to support the numerous lumber camps that were in operation at the time. It also was a stop on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad line. The tracks have long since been removed and the corridor now serves as the Mountain Bay Trail, part of Wisconsin’s Rails to Trails Program. The trail is open to hikers, cyclists and snowmobilers.
Additional recreation includes the Plover River, a Class A Trout Stream that runs through the village, and the Hatley Braves, a member of the Amateur Baseball Association.
The village clerk and treasurer do not keep regular hours but can be reached by phone or email. Click on the Government tab for more information.
The Hatley Library and Senior/Community Center is located at 435 Curtis Avenue. Click here for more information.